Repco Bank Aptitude Reasoning Model Papers
Repco Bank Sample questions for aptitude and reasoning to practice
1. Find out the pair of numbers that does not belong to the group for lack of common property –
(d) 86-99 (Ans)
Explanations : All the rest are in the ratio of 8 : 9.
2. In the following question, number of letters are skipped in between by a particular rule. Which of the following observes the rule ?
(d) CXFUIR (Ans)
3. Which one of the given responses would be a meaningful order of the following ?
(a) 4, 3, 1, 2, 5
(b) 2, 3, 5, 4, 1
(c) 3, 5, 1, 4, 2 (Ans)
(d) 1, 3, 2, 4, 5
4. Arrange the following words as per order in the dictionary –
(a) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
(b) 5, 4, 1, 2, 3
(c) 4, 5, 2, 1, 3
(d) 5, 4, 2, 1, 3 (Ans)
5. Which one of letters when sequentially placed at the gaps in the given letter series shall complete it ?
_ ab _ b _ aba _ _ abab
(a) a bb aa
(b) bb aa b
(c) ab aa b
(d) a aa ba (Ans)
Explanations : a ab a b / a aba b / a abab
Directions – In Q. 6 to 9, a series is given, with one/two term missing. Choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series.
6. 14, 19, 29, 49, 89, _?_
(d) 169 (Ans)
7. BMRG, DLTF, FKVE, HJXD, ?
(a) JIZC (Ans)
8. 121, 144, 289, 324, 529, 576, ?
(b) 841 (Ans)
9. 5, 21, 69, 213, 645, ?
(b) 1941 (Ans)
10. Find out the questioned number –
6 : 5 :: 8 : ?
(c) 6 (Ans)
Explanations : As, 6 = 3 * 2
? 3 + 2 = 5
Similarly, 8 = 4 * 2
? 4 + 2 = 6
11. In a row of trees, a tree is 7th from left end and 14th from the right end. How many trees are there in the row ?
(c) 20 (Ans)
Explanations : Total number of trees
= 7 + 14 – 1 = 20
12. Shan is 55 years old, Sathian is 5 years junior to Shan and 6 years senior to Balan. The youngest brother of Balan is Devan and he is 7 years junior to him. So what is the age difference between Devan and Shan ?
(a) 18 years (Ans)
(b) 15 years
(c) 13 years
(d) 7 years
Explanations : Age of Sathian = 50 years
and age of Balan = 44 years
Age of Devan = 37 years
? Reqd. difference = 55 – 37
= 18 years
13. Vinod introduces Vishal as the son of the only brother of his father’s wife. How is Vinod related to Vishal ?
(a) Cousin (Ans)
? Vishal is Vinod’s cousin
14. There are 80 families in a small extension area. 20 per cent of these families own a car each. 50 per cent of the remaining families own a motor cycle each. How many families in that extension do not own any vehicle ?
(b) 32 (Ans)
Explanations : No.of the owners of cars
= 20/100 of 80 = 16
? No. of the remaining of families = 80 – 16 = 64
No. of the owners of motor cycles = 50/80 of 64 = 32
? No. of those families which do not have own any vehicle = 80 – (16 + 32) = 32
15. If John celebrated his victory day on Tuesday, 5th January 1965, when will he celebrate his next victory day on the same day ?
(a) 5th January, 1970
(b) 5th January, 1971
(c) 5th January, 1973
(d) 5th January, 1974 (Ans)
Explanations : Total days till 5th Jan., 1974
= 361 + 365 * 6 + 366 * 2
= 361 + 2190 + 732
= 3283 which is complete days.
Repco Bank Model Questions for English
Repco Bank Test of English Language Model Questions with answers
Directions (1-10) : Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error; the answer is (e) i.e. ‘No Error’. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any).
1. He was grateful (a) / to me for the help (b) / that I had extended for him (c) / in the hour of his need. (d) / No Error (e)
Ans : e
2. While undergoing a (a) / strenuous workout, (b) / he suffered a massive heart attack (c) / but luckily survival. (d) / No Error (e)
Ans : d
3. Taking care of yourself (a) / cannot be (b) / and should not be considered (c) / as a selfish thing. (d) / No Error (e)
Ans : b
4. The smooth and easier (a) / we allow people to navigate (b) / through any device at any place (c) / in the world, the better. (d) / No Error (e)
Ans : a
5. What really agonize them (a) / is the presence of (b) / an unwanted and unscrupulous (c) / member on the panel. (d) / No Error (e)
Ans : d
6. People express their expectations (a) / that their leaders should not (b) / resorting to (c) / corrupt practices and nepotism, (d) / No Error (e)
Ans : c
7. Asian culture will, (a) / sooner or later (b) / become international norm (c) / for entertainment industry. (d) / No Error (e)
Ans : d
8. The business lobby wanted (a) / he to take over (b) / as the new Chairman (c) / of their coveted Board. (d) / No Error (e)
Ans : b
9. He thinks that (a) / a popular magazine would like to (b) / know what are other topics most (c) / no people’s minds. (d) / No Error (e)
Ans : b
10. We as the editors of (a) / a popular magazine would like to (b) / know what are other topics most (c) / on people’s minds. (d) / No Error (e)
Ans : c
Directions (11-15) : Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph, then answer the questions given below them.
(A) It is a general term used to describe over 200 individual diseases.
(B) The abnormal cells grow with-out any control, invade through normal tissue barriers and reproduce indefinitely.
(C) The word “cancer” comes from Latin, meaning a crab.
(D) These characteristics include development within any tissue of a malignant growth.
(E) A tumour was called cancer because of swollen veins around the area resembling a crab’s limbs.
(F) These diseases progress differently over a period of time and share certain characteristics.
11. Which of the following should be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement ?
(e) E (ANS)
12. Which of the following should be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement ?
(b) B (ANS)
13. Which of the following should be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement ?
(d) D (ANS)
14. Which of the following should be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement ?
(a) A (ANS)
(e) None of these
15. Which of the following should be the SIXTH (LAST) sentence after rearrangement ?