Que. 1 : Q1) The limitation of liability of common carrier becomes exonerated(Sec 12 of the Act) if the damage, loss or deterioration of cargo including non-delivery of cargo happens due to which of the following?
1. a) Criminal act of the carrier
2. b) Negligence or criminal act of the common carrier or any of his servant
3. c) Carrying of prohibited goods or goods on which adequate tax was not properly paid
4. d) All of the above
Que. 2 : Q2) Which of the following is/are essential features of Sue and Labour charges?
1. a) Charges must be incurred to avoid a loss covered by the policy or to minimise such loss
2. b) They must be incurred by the insured or any other person acting
3. c) The charges must have been incurred short of destination. e.g.at intermediate point or port
4. d) Expenses must be incurred for the benefit of the subject matter insured and not for common expenditure
Que. 3 : Q3) _________ is the transfer of rights, titles, interests and property, including liabilities in favour of the insurers.
1. a) Subrogation
2. b) Abandonment
3. c) Contribution
4. d) Proximate cause
Que. 4 : Q4) Which survey is a means of determining the weight of any materials being loaded into (or discharges from ) a vessel?
1. a) Bunker surveys
2. b) Tally surveys
3. c) Draft surveys
4. d) Ullage surveys
Que. 5 : Q5) In the case of delay the complain must be made at the latest within _______ from the date on which the luggage or goods have been placed at his disposal(Article 26) .
1. a) 7 days
2. b) 14 days
3. c) 21 days
4. d) 35 days