Sikkim Public Service Commission Sample Paper
1. The total length of Indian coastline is ———– kilometres.
2. Which of the following ports is oriented to export of iron-ore ?
3. The first tea plantation was taken up in ——— state.
4. The formation of iron and steel industry at Bhilai is the result of ———— Five Year Plan.
5. India stands ————- in the world in the production of coal.
6. To reduce burden on Mumbai port a new port has been developed at
7. Mumbai – Panaji is the national highway no.
8. ————- is the first rail-route in India.
(1)Delhi to Agra
(2)Mumbai to Thane
(3)Idowrah to Kharagpur
(4)Chennai to Renigunta
9. Chincholi industrial estate in Solapur district is specialised in
10. In Western Maharashtra, bauxite deposits are found in ———— district.
11. The ———— belt is famous for its mineral based industries in Maharashtra.
(2)Raigad – Ratnagiri
(3)Mumbai – Pune
(4)Nashik – Jalgaon
12. Arrange the ghats in Konkan from North to South.
(1)Thal, Kumbharli, Phonda, Amboli
(2)Thal, Phonda, Kumbharli, Amboli
(3)Kumbharli, Thal, Phonda, Amboli
(4)Amboli, Phonda, Kumbharli, Thal
13. Alphonso mango trees are found in following districts :
(4)All the above districts
14. Who presides over the meetings of Central Cabinet in India ?
(4) Home Minister
15. Which type of legislature is generally found in the Federal form of Government ?
(4)None of these
16. Whose recommendation is necessary to introduce a financial bill in Lok Sabha ?
(4)Speaker of Lok Sabha
17. Which are the two amendments that made Indian democracy more decentralised ?
(1)73, 74 Amendments
(2)42, 43 Amendments
(3)45, 46 Amendments
(4)75, 76 Amendments
18. Who is the administrative head of the Planning department ?
19. Who conducts the competitive examinations for the recruitment of state service officials in Maharashtra ?
(2)Maharashtra Public Service Commission
(3)Union Public Service Commission
(4)None of these
20. Who shall exercise a casting vote in case of a tie in Legislative Assembly ?
(4)Deputy Chief Minister
21. What is the tenure of the members of Legislative Council ?
22. Who decides Pay and Allowances of ministers in the State ?
23. Who sanctions grants for the Gram Panchayat ?
24. Name the virus that is responsible for Swine flu.
(4)None of these
25. Which one of the following dances is most popular in Kerala state ?
SPSC Placement Paper
Sikkim PSC Model Test Paper
1. Who coined the Mantra, ‘service to the Motherland’?
(A) Swami Vivekananda
(B) Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
(C) DaYananda Saraswati
(D) Bhagat Singh
2. Who was not tried in the KanPur Bolshevik ConsPiracY case in 1924?
(A) S. A. Dange
(B) Muzaffar Ahmed
(C) Shaukat Usmani
(D) N. M. Joshi
3. Devadasi system was abolished by Lord Reading in
4. The first Indian woman President of Indian National Congress was
(A) Annie Besant
(B) Vijayalakshmi Pandit
(C) Sarojini Naidu
(D) Nellie Sengupta
5. An effective machinery for meeting famine conditions in India was evolved by
(A) Lord Curzon
(B) l,ord Lytton
(C) lord Dufferin
(D) Lord Hastings
6. Who is the author of the book, India Wins Freedom?
(A) Maulana Azad
(B) Jawaharlal Nehru
(C) V. D. Savarkar
(D) V. A. Smith
7. The book, Poverty and Un-Biti,sh Rule in India was written by
(A) M. G. Ranade
(B) R. C. Dutt
(C) Dadabhai Naoroji
(D) None of them
8. Which Viceroy offered the setting up of a constitution making body after the Second World War?
(A) Lord Wavell
(B) Lord Mountbatten
(C) Lord Linlithgow
(D) Lord Willingdon
9. Who was the only British Viceroy killed in India?
(A) Lord Curzon
(B) Lord Dufferin
(C) Lord Ripon
(D) Lord Mayo
10. Which eveirt can be said to have marked the entry of Indian women to public space?
(A) Non-Cooperation Movement
(B) Quit India Movement
(C) Swadeshi Movement
(D) Civil Disobedience Movement
11. The Quit India Resolution was passed on 6th August, 1942 at
12. Who was not a member of the Cabinet Mission Plan?
(A) Patrick Lawrence
(B) Stafford Cripps
(C) Lord Wavell
(D) A. V. Alexander
13. Who was the Finance Minister in the Interim Government?
(A) Jawaharlal Nehru
(B) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
(C) Shanmugam Chetty
(D) Liaquat Ali Khan
14. Who was the only leader to become the President of both Congress and Muslim League?
(A) M. A. Jinnah
(B) Maulana Azad
(C) M. A. Ansari
(D) Zia-ud-din Ahmed
15. Who was the first Indian to become the member of the House of Commons?
(A) Dadabhai Naoroji
(B) Ashutosh Mukherjee
(C) Zia-ud-din Ahmed
(D) Sir Syed Ahmed Khan
16. The slogan, “One religion, one caste and one God for mankind” was coined by
(A) Narayana Guru
(B) Mahatma Gandhi
(C) Periyar E. V. R’ Naicker
(D) Swami Vivekananda
17. The word Pakistan’ was coined by
(A) Rahmat Ali
(B) Muhammad Iqbal
(C) Muhammad Ali Jinnah
(D) Sir SYed Ahmed Khan
18. Gangavararn Port that became operational recently is located on which river and in which State?
(A) Krishna, Andhra pradesh
(B) Krishna, Tamil Nadu
(c) cauvery, Karnataka
(D) Cauvery, Tamil Nadu
19. Merino sheep are found more in which continent?
(A) North America
20. A coral island known as
(D) Coral reef
21. 125. The ports of India, which are connected by NH-S, are
(A) Chennai, Yizag, Kolkata
(B) Yizag, Kolkata, Paradwip
(C) Paradwip, Yizag, Chennai
(D) Yizag, Yanam, Paradwip
22. As we go from the Equator to the and select the correct answer from the Poles, the value of g code given below :
(A) remains the same
(D) decreases up to a latitude of 45 degree and then increases
23. Canal irrigation in India is widely found at
(A) Deccan Plateau
(B) Indo-Gangetic Plain
(C) East Coast Plain
(D) Siwalik Hills
24. 137. Which place receives the maximum solar energr in December?
(C) Buenos Aires
25. 138. The Ganga River Basin Authority is headed by the
(A) Prime Minister
(B) Union Water Resources Minister
(C) Water Resources Secretar5t
(D) Cabinet Secretary
SPSC Placement Paper
Sikkim PSC Previous Year Question Paper
1. Which of the following animals is declared as `National Heritage’ by the Government of India ?
2. Which country had the Chairmanship of SAARC 2010 ?
3. Which missile was successfully launched by India on March 21, 2010 ?
4. Famous industrialist Vijay Mallya is the Chairman of —————- Airlines.
5. `The Three Mistakes of My Life’ is written by
6. Who is the Chief Election Commissioner of India ?
7. Which state prepared the first Agro based budget ?
8. Who was awarded with `Swar Bhaskar’ puraskar for 2011 ?
9. Which of the following Marathi films was awarded `Best Feature Film’ in 57th National Film Festival ?
(4)None of these
10.Which day is celebrated as `National Tourism Day’?
11. Who is the Director General of Police in Maharashtra ?
(2)Dr. Ravindra Shisve
12. Who is the Chairman of ISRO ?
(2)Dr. K. Radhakrishan
(3)A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
(4)None of these
13. Which two Chief Ministers were elected unopposed as members of Legislative Council of Maharashtra ?
(1)Sharad Pawar, Prithviraj Chavan
(2)Shivajirao Nilangekar Patil, Prithviraj Chavan
(3)Manohar Joshi, Prithviraj Chavan
(4)Yeshwantrao Chavan, Prithviraj Chavan
14. Which of the following countries has recently joined NAM organization ?
15. Who is the new Chairman of Infosys ?
(3)Dr. Vijay Bhatkar
16. If product of two sequential positive odd numbers is 255, find those numbers.
(1) 15, 17
(2) 16, 17
(3) 19, 16
(4) 18, 15
17. Rajanju purchased an old car for : 60,000. After one year he sold it for Z 45,000. What is the percentage loss ?
18. If coins of 50 paisa and one rupee are taken in the proportion 3 : 2, how many coins of 50 paisa will be there in a sum of ‘ 140 ?
19. An addition of ages of two brothers is 36 years. If the difference between their ages is of 10 years, find their ages.
20. Which of the following is the lightest metal?
21. Air is a/an is
22. The element present in the largest amount in rocks and minerals is
23. The element common to all acids is sugar is
24. The most abundant metal in the earth’s crust is
159. Gobar gas contains mainly
earth’s crust is
25. The gas used to extinguish fire is
(B) carbon dioxide
(D) carbon monoxide
Sikkim PSC Model Question Paper
1. The founder of Home-Rule movement in Maharashtra was
(4)Dr. B.S. Munje
2. Rango Bapuji Gupte who went to England as a lawyer on behalf of the King of Satara on returning disappointed, gathered which class of people to conspire to enthrone the king ?
3. The fight of the farmers of Champaran was concerned with
4. Santhal movement responsible for the rise of Indian Nationalism,was related with
(1)Land cultivation of Adivasis
(2) Ancient social customs of Adivasis
(3)Education of Adivasis
(4)Political groups of Adivasis
5. Simon Commission was boycotted by Indians, because
(1)It was meant for division of India
(2)There was no representative of Labour Party in it
(3)It was headed by Simon
(4)None of the Indians was its member
6. Which towering Indian leader gave the `Swaraj Mantra’, “Lets agitate and agitate incessantly !” ?
7. Who led the women revolt in Salt Satyagraha of 1930 AD ?
(4)Aruna Asaf Ali
8. The prominent cause of the failure of the Indian revolutionary organisations was
(1)Absence of coordination among the revolutionaries
(2)Inequality between the British and the revolutionaries
(3)The tyranny of the British
(4) Terror created by the revolutionaries
9.Which Act was opposed by the Indian political parties because of granting of the privileges to Princely States and unlimited and excessive powers to the Governor General ?
(1)Act of 1858
(2) Act of 1919
(3)Act of 1935
(4)Act of 1947
10. Agarkar was sentenced to 101 days imprisonment together with
11. Sir Sayyed Ahmed Khan established an educational institute at
12. Whom did Ravindranath Tagore refer as `The Pioneer of New Era’ ?
(2) Raja Rammohan Roy
(3)Swami Dayananda Saraswati
(4)Mahatma Jyotiba Phule
13. Which Conference was organised under the Presidency of Ramabai Ranade in 1904 with a view to organize women ?
(1)All India Hindu Women Conference
(2)All India Women Conference
(3)All Women Religious Conference
(4)All India Aryabhagini Conference
14. Who started the first girl’s school in Pune ?
(1)Nana Jagannath Shankar Sheth
(2)Maharshi Dhondo Keshav Karve
15. Which institution was established by Maharshi Karve to promote the widow remarriage ?
(3)Vidhawa Vivahottejak Mandali
(4)Vidhawa Vivah Sangha
16. Phule in India with the intention of helping Brahmin widows ?
(2)Balhatya Pratibandh Gruh
(4)Punarvivah Uttejak Mandal
17. What is the theme of `Tritiya Ratna’ written by Mahatma Phule in 1855 ?
(3)Idol worship by Brahmins
18. Which party was founded by Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar to work in social and political fields ?
(1)Scheduled Castes Federation
(2)Swatantra Majur Party
(4)Republican Party of India
19. What was the main objective of the Second Five Year Plan ?
(1)Construction of Dams
(2)Increase in Export
20. The Fifth Five Year Plan was implemented during the period
(1)1969 – 74
(2)1974 – 79
(3)1980 – 85
(4)1985 – 90
21. Planning Commission for Economic Development of India was established in
22. The formation of Damodar Valley Project is the result of Five Year Plan.
23. The removal of poverty (Garibi Hatao) and attainment of self reliance was the main objective of Five Year Plan.
24. Next to agriculture activity,is the second largest employer in India.
(2) Sugar industry
(3) Jute industry
(4) Steel industry
25. The state having maximum proportion of Scheduled Tribe population to total population in India is
Sikkim Public Service Commission Sub-Inspector Previous Year Paper
1. The first two words are related in a particular manner. Select the word from given choices which relates to the third one in the same manner? Pigeon: Peace:: White flag: ?
2. One morning after sunrise Ramu was standing facing a pole. The shadow of the pole fell exactly to his right. Which direction was he facing?
3. Find out the odd one from the given words:
4. The unit of measuring distance between the stars is called:
(A)Galactic unit I
(B)Cosmic kilometer I
(C)Stellar mi le
5. A gross misunderstanding has developed between you and your best friend. What can you do to keep the friendship going strong again?
(A)Take the advice of other friends
(B)Break the friendship since it is not worth keeping
(C)Hold free, frank and direct talks with the friend to know his/her own point of view
(D)Use pressure from elders
6. Diamond is chemically:
(A)a mixture of metal carbonate
(C)a pure form of sand
(D)a mixture of calcium and magnesium phosphate
7. Cooking gas is a mixture of:
(A)Carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide
(B)Butane and propane
(C)Methane and ethylene
(D)Carbon dioxide and oxygen
8. Natural rubber is a polymer of:
9. The substance most commonly used as a food preservative is:
10. The I C chips used in computers are made of :
11. Plants respire through:
12. Children of successful and well-to-do parents often do not perform well in studies. Why?
(A)Because parents are unable to give enough time and attention to their children
(B)Because the jobs of successful parents are very demanding in time and efforts
(C)Both A and B are correct.
(D)To stand rooted to the ground
13. The disease not transmitted by house-fly is:
14. The vast proportion of our body’s, weight is made up of:
(D)Skins, tissues and organs
15. LSD stands for:
(B)Lanthanide series diatoms
(C)Lysergic acid diethylamide
(D)Low starch drugs
16. You have been caught red handed in an office, looking into a file marked ‘strictly confidential. What will be your most reasonable action in the situation?
(A)To admit to the crime,
(B)To feel sheepish and embrassed
(C)To offer a logical alibi
(D)To stand rooted to the ground
17. Milk tastes sour when kept in the open for sometime due to the fonnation of
18. The widely used antibiotic, penicillin, is produced by:
19. No square of a number ends with:
(A)2,3,7 and 8
(B)3,5,6 and 8
(C)2,5,7 and 9
(D)2,3,7 and 9
20. The colour of cow’s milk is slightly yellowish due to the presence of:
21. Soil nature is drastically altered by the application of:
22. Plant mushroom gets its food from
(A)dead and decaying plants
(C)eating small insects which come near to it
(D)the water we pour near it
23. Which compound is added to petrol to prevent engines from ‘knocking’?
(C)Both (A) and (B)
(D)None of these
25. 2,10,30,68 …….
26. Mentionthe Article which gives a special statehood position to Jammu and Kashmir
27.Medha Padkar is a strong leader in the popular movement of:
28. Who was the Indian President declared the National Emergency in .1975?
(B)Fakkrudheen Ali Ahmed
(D)Gopal Swarup Pathak
29. Who is known as the Milk Man of India?
(C)Dr. M.S. Swaminathan
(D)Dr. Varghese Kurian
30. First Union Health Minister of India, she served as the Secretary of M.K. Gandhi in Vardha Monastery:
(A)Dr. Vijayalakshmi Pandit
(C)Rajkumari Amruth Kaur