- Statement: Should women be provided more job opportunities?
I. Yes, they should go into the outside world.
II. No, they are not interested in jobs.
27. Statement: Should government provide more benefits to those who are the only child of their parents?
I. Yes, it will control increase of population.
II. Yes, it will given them bright future and love of parents.
Directions (28-31): In these questions, a statement is given, which is followed by various assumptions. Read the statements and the assumptions and decide which one of them is implicit.
28. Statement: “Ensure freedom from thieves with this car locking system”.
I. This car locking system is the best.
II. It is desired to have freedom from thieves.
III. There are thieves everywhere.
(1) I and II are implicit
(2) II and III are implicit
(3) I and III are implicit .-answer
(4) only II is implicit
(5) All I, II and III are implicit
- Statement: “We deal in used cars. Contact us at phone no. XYZ, at the earliest possible” – an advertisement.
I. Some people want to sell old cars.
II. The advertisement will be read by the needy people.
III. Used cars may not be usually useless.
(1) Only I is implicit
(2) Only II and III are implicit
(3) Only I and III are implicit
(4) All I, II, III are implicit.-answer
(5) None of I, II, III are implicit.
- Statement: “Lalu Prasad is expected to announce several schemes for poor people in the budget” – a news reporter.
I. The reporter has a fair reporting.
II. The news-reporter has genuine report sources.
III. Lalu Prasad is capable of announcing schemes.
(1) I and II are implicit
(2) II and III are implicit.-answer
(3) Only III is implicit
(4) All are implicit
(5) None is implicit
- Statement: Mr. X tells Mrs. X: “I cannot send my child to that school. Children over there smoke and drink.”
I. Smoking and drinking are not desirable of children..-answer
II. Their child will agree to their decision.
III. The school has a good reputation.
(1) I and II are implicit .-answer
(2) II and III are implicit
(3)III and I are implicit
(4) only I is implicit
(5) All I, II, III are implicit
Directions (32-36): Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and give answer-
(A) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
(B) If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
(C) If the data in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
(D) If the data in both the statement I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
(E) If the data in both statements I and II are not sufficient to answer the question.
32. How many sisters does Priya have?
I. Rohan, Priya’s brother has only two siblings.
II. Priya’s grandparents have two children and two granddaughters.
33. On which day of the week was Shahid born?
I. Shashid’s mother correctly mentions that he was born before Friday and after Tuesday.
II. Shahid’s after correctly remembers that Shahid was not born on a Wednesday.
34. Who is the haviest amongst P, Q, R, S and T?
I. R is heavier than Q but not as heavy as T
II. P is heavier only than S.
35. Is the time in the clock 3 o’clock now?
I. After fifteen minutes, the minute and the hour hands of the clock will make a straight line.
II. The train which is running late by exactly three hours from its scheduled time of arrival i.e. 11 am has reached now.
36. How is got coded in the language?
I. ‘I got good marks’ is written as ‘pe lit a so’ and ‘she has got cold’ is written as ‘je ra so ki’ in the code language.
II. ‘What have you got’ is written as ‘de wd so me’ and ‘Brazil got four goats’ is written as ‘di bi fe so’ in the code language.
37. SINK is related to FLOAT in the same way as a DESTROY is related to…….
- Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and hence form a group which one does not belong to the group?
- This of the following figures represents the relation between ‘Gas’ water and helium?
40. What will come in place of question mark (?) in the following series?
AC DG HL MR ?
(1) SY .-answer
- If each odd digit in the number 813246 is multiplied by three and each even digit is divided by two, what will be the difference between the digit which are third from the left and third from the right of the new number thus formed?
- If each alphabet in the word ABSOLUTE is arranged in alphabetical order (from left to right) and then each vowel is changed to next letter in the English alphabetical series and each consonant is changed to previous letter in English alphabetical series. Which of the following will be sixth from the left side of the new arrangement thus formed?
- How many such pairs of letters are there in the word SAMPLER each of which has as many letters between them in the word (in both forward and backward direction) as they have between them in the English alphabetical series?
(3) Two .-answer
(5) More than three
- In a certain code ‘SHORE’ is coded as ‘QFMPC’ in the same code ___ will be coded as ‘WNDGL’.
(2) YPMIN .-answer
- The question given below is based on the given diagram. You have to take the given diagram to be true even if it seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the five alternatives following question logically follows from the given diagram.