Meghalaya PSC Previous Year Solved Paper
1. The Secretary General of the Lok Sabha is appointed by:
Answer. The Speaker of the Lok Sabha
2. The Author of ?Snakes and Ladders? is:
Answer. Gita Mehta
3. The first Indian satellite ?Aryabhata? was launched in the year:
4. The first World Cup Football tournament was held in:
5. The rear view mirror used in vehicles is:
6. Which country is known as ?Land of Thousand Lakes??
7. The free operating system Linux was developed by:
Answer. Linus Torwalds
8. New York City is on the bank of the river.
9. The average life of a red blood cell in the body is about:
Answer: 115 days
10. Which of the following is used as a preservative of food articles?
Answer: Sodium benzoate
11. DNA is?
Answer: A class of nucleic acids
12. The lustre of diamond is due to?
Answer: Total internal reflection
13. Milk in natural form has a certain amount of sugar. This sugar is called?
14. Which of the following is associated with Doppler Effect?
15. Force/Area is the formulae of ?????
16. Hydrogen Bomb is based on the principle of:
Answer: Nuclear fusion
17. Rocket works on the principle of conservation of:
18. What is the escape velocity from Earth?s surface?
Answer: 11.2 Km/sec
19. Which Asian river is sometimes referred to as ?The Road to Mandalay??
Answer: Irrawaddy (Myanmar)
20. Where is the headquarters of the Transparency International?
Answer: Berlin (Germany)
21. Which international organization was founded by Peter Eigen?
Answer: Transparency International
22. Which is the world?s most saline lake?
Answer: Lake Vanda (Antarctica)
23. A projectile launched at which degree angle has the greatest range?
Answer: 45 degree angle
24. What is the unit of measurement of cotton?
25. Which metal is added to fireworks to get the lilac colour?
26. Which acid is used to acidify foods and beverages such as various colas?
Answer: Phosphoric Acid
27. What kind of creature is a ?silverfish??
Answer: Wingless insect
28. Which animal?s walking style is known as ?Knuckle walking??
Answer: Gorillas and Chimpanzees
29. Which country?s official currency is the ?Renminbi??
30. Which country started the Money Order System?
Answer: Great Britain
Meghalaya PSC Question-Paper
Meghalaya PSC Solved Exam Paper
1. Meghalaya is bounded to the north and the east by which State of India ?
2. Which state bounded Meghalaya to its south and the west ?
3. Shillong the capital of Meghalaya is known as ……….
Ans: Scotland of the East
4. Which state of India was the part of Meghalaya ?
5. Which language is used as official language in Meghalaya.?
6. Where is Meghalaya located in Indian Map ?
7. When did Meghalaya established ?
Ans: 21 January 1972
8. How many districts are there in the state ?
9. Which is the largest city of the state ?
10. Who is the chief Minister (2014) of the state ?
Ans: Mukul Sangma (INC)
11. Who is the Governor (2014) of the Meghalaya state ?
12. What is the literacy Rate in the state ?
13. When a movement for a separate Hill State began ?
14. When the earthquake occurred in Shillong ?
Ans: June 12, 1879
15. Which tribal people make up the majority of Meghalaya’s population ?
Meghalaya PSC Recruitment-Notification-Syllabus